Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I won an award!

Thanks to my friend at http://kristincreative.blogspot.com/ - how nice of her - thank ya much!!! I couldn't have gotten this award without you. Mainly because ... well ... you gave it to me :)

Ok, so here is the wrap up of what is going on:

- Work - I have gotten several quote requests, but nothing has landed yet. Several updates I have worked on though (wow, that sounded like yoda, didn't it?). I have been struggling a bit with motivation and a bit of anxiety because of no large projects coming in. I am always like this I guess when things get low, but I pray the Lord will "flood" us again soon. He has always been so wonderful for us with work. I hope He continues. One of the benefits of being a spendthrift without debt, and having a hobby that makes money is that I don't *need* to stress out nearly as much as I would have a few years ago. I can hear Holly in the back of my head quoting a Bible verse (who of you by worrying can add a single day to your life...)

I have done something small each day to reach out to people or others for projects. What I *should* be doing is spend my entire work day doing those sorts of things. It just gets difficult to stay on track!

- Hobby - I bought a little collection of baseball cards from a "kid" that had several Griffey rookies, some sets and 100 game used cards. I say kid because he lived with his folks, but turns out he was 24 - he looked 18! I have so far sold the game used, so am now only in the hole for $50, which should be pretty easy to make back and then some, while keeping all the cards i want. I am still going through 150k cards I have here and pulling the treasures. It is a sight to behold: My office desks are LOADED with stars and rookies. Can't wait to see how much I pull out of the remaining 5.5 million I have coming!

The baseball card show is in town this weekend, finally. It has been a long year! My son and I go each year for a few hours and then have a hot dog & orange soda. It is a special time for us. I remember a dad with his kid saying to me "wow, this would be fun if I didn't have to bring HIM along". And I was thinking what is wrong with you???? Having your son with you is the best!!!! It looks like we will be skipping church this time to go though so we can get in the best deals!

Last year I got 5 Pete Rose autographed bats, a few hundred autographed cards, and close to 100 game used cards. It was fun, and I was able to make some good money throughout the year with them. My dealer friend said the best time to go is sunday because that is when the best deals come in. Friday has the best selection though, and if I were a true "collector", I would go then, but I'm not looking for the best selection - I'm looking for the best deals. Time to buy out some folks!

Fitness: My knee still hurts, but I ran a few miles last night, and have been going to my friend's house to lift weights a few times a week. I skipped one time last week though, thanks to a left bicept that was hurting pretty badly.

Family: We have been having a blast playing board games recently ... more specifically Bibleopoly. Boy, I have never felt like a Ned Flanders as much before in my life! Bibleopoly ... seriously? Anyway, Holly says I get creepy because I get into it a little too much. That is who I am though ... I am a monopoly freak. I aim to DOMINATE!!! Whether it be my wife or children :)

And now for a little video enjoyment. I laugh so hard, I cry when I see this. Holly thinks its stupid. What do you think?


1 comment: