Friday, January 8, 2010

Week-End Wrap Up

I haven't run much - just 2 miles the other night for the week, but that is because my knee has been really hurting me. I have been going over to my friend's house to lift weights though - twice this week. I'm feeling good about that! I do hope my knee gets better soon though. I want to start running a lot again!

The first week back working has been pretty busy between updates, quote requests, writing proposals, etc. I have a large proposal out, and am hoping to land this, as well as a few other smaller ones. In a perfect world, I guess I would be landing everything - and the projects would be a breeze, but that just isn't how it works, is it? I am amazed how absolutely super fast a busy work week goes. The days fly bye, unlike last month when it was slow and I was just perpetually going to drudgereport.com craigslist.com msn.com etc.

Over the past few years, I have been reading a chapter of the Bible each day before work. So far, I have gone through all the new testament and a good portion of the old testament. I am now in 1 Samuel. Judges and Ruth, the last few books were *VERY* interesting. I'm sure I've read most of this already, but a lot of it I did not remember. Very crazy stuff. Holly and I are also staying on the track of doing our devotionals together at night which is great. We have just spent each night for the past few years praying at night together. The devotional is great! I highly encourage anyone who is married to do this as well.

In the world of "fun" things, I have been able to sell a couple of "sports card collections" for good prices. I found a good collection to buy, but since it was football and basketball, I gave the lead to my dealer friend. That sparked up a conversation about doing an even bigger deal with more of his cards. He mentioned after our deal, he could have 1-2 million more cards! I hope to do a deal with him for not only those cards, but also to get the cards before he even searches through them! How wonderful would that be?

On another note - I have been opening some wax boxes I had. I busted an 86 Donruss box and got THREE Canseco rated rookies in one box. The second box, I got another Canseco. Great fun, and it got me out of my funk I was in for the day.

Now, it is the weekend - my son sounds like he is coughing up a lung and he has karate tomorrow. We'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. You are quite the deal maker!!! Maybe you should be my literary agent and negotiate my contracts!

    ReplyDelete