Sunday, January 3, 2010

Twas the night before worky...

What can I say? We made it! We made it through the holidays, though, knock on wood - it isn't until Wednesday until our daughter goes back to school. Speaking of which, she turns 8 on tuesday. My how time flies. It seems like we have only had her for 2 1/2 years. Oh wait, that is because we have! Yes, we made it *relatively* unscathed, but our dear daughter decided to explode on us tonight. We knew it was coming at some point. Oh well - we take life as it comes, I guess.

I am super happy about getting excited about starting up working ON my business again, and bringing in more work. As a matter of fact, I have a quote request for a small job sitting in my email box as I type this. Videos are being uploaded for a client right now so my programmer can add them into the website. things seem to be going fine. For the last few weeks, I have been worried about how to take monday. How would I deal with all kinds of requests for fixes, etc? Would it break me? Would it stress me out? No, I think I will be just fine. And attitude is 90% of the battle, so I am in good standing!

These past several days have been great. I sold a jersey, several sets, lots of wax boxes, some old cards, etc. The sales put me in the black for all 3 of my recent collection purchases, so I have jerseys and wax boxes left over, plus money. I don't know why, but it really makes me happy. Oh, not to mention the fact that someone out of the blue just emailed me asking me to sell him some football cards. Which, now I have some to sell thanks to santa claus (the nickname i gave my dealer friend). At 8am on saturday morning, he brought over about 90,000 sports cards as I was having someone come over at 10am to trade them for a PS3, 3 blueray dvds and $50. I was likely gonna sell it, but man let me tell ya! It is a VERY slick piece of hardware! I really am digging it. Heck, it even helped me to transfer my client's videos from cd to usb hard drive. I think I'll keep it around for a while.

As a way to ring in the new year on the night of the 1st, I ran 6 miles. That always makes me feel good about myself. I don't like going out to do it, and don't like doing it (except for sometimes ... at some points during running, I get some sort of enjoyment out of it) but I do feel good after.

That night, Holly and I started doing a devotional together. We would pray at night together each night, but not go through the Word together. That is nice that we are doing that now.

1 comment: